Multicultural Initiatives Fund - Project Funding
New deadline date for Multicultural Initiatives Fund – Projects Grant
Effective July 1, 2013, SaskCulture has changed the deadline for the Multicultural Initiatives Fund – Projects Grant
applications to one deadline date of January 31st
each year. The MIF – Projects deadline for applications will be the same as MIF – Annual Grants, also on January 31st. In past years, there were two separate deadline dates for the MIF- Projects – these are no longer in effect. Please mark this change on your calendars. Any groups that promotes SaskCulture funding programs are asked to make this change on funding promotions.
SaskCulture Inc.'s Multicultural Initiatives Fund (MIF) aims to advance multiculturalism in Saskatchewan by supporting projects encouraging people in Saskatchewan to share, learn, appreciate, respect and accept cultural diversity.
The Multicultural Initiatives Fund aims to advance the course of culture in Saskatchewan by providing funds to organizations* in area not typically funded by conventional support systems.
The MIF program objectives are to:
- support ethno-cultural, multicultural, First Nations and Métis initiatives, projects and activities;
- provide enabling resources to community-based organizations to ensure a wide-range of multicultural programs and services are offered to the people of Saskatchewan; AND
- stimulate and support the advancement of multiculturalism through: cultural identity, intercultural understanding, or issues related to social justice and harmony.
Priority will be given to:
- Cross-cultural or intercultural educational projects;
- Multicultural festivals;
- First Nations and Métis awareness-raising events;
- Organizations and projects not already funded by other Lottery-supported grant programs; AND
- Applications involving significant Aboriginal and/or youth, and those from the province's smaller communities.
If you are unsure whether your project fits the purpose of this grant, please contact the coordinator, or see the list of successful applicants and project desciptions below.
* Multicultural and ethno-cultural organizations that provide ongoing programming and services directed at the advancement of multiculturalism in Saskatchewan may wish to apply to the MIF Annual Program. Please contact SaskCulture for an application.
Applicant organization must:
- be a registered non-profit organization based in Saskatchewan; OR
- be a First Nations band, Métis Local, or municipality; AND
- have primarily a cultural or multicultural mandate, or be otherwise significantly engaged in cultural or multicultural activity.
Organizations that do not meet the above criteria may be eligible for SaskCulture funding only if they are sponsored by a non-profit organization approved by SaskCulture that will assume financial responsibility for the grant. Contact SaskCulture for details.
In general, applications can access one MIF grant per fiscal year (April 1 to March 31). Preference will be given to applications that have not received a grant in the previous year.
Organizations that have outstanding follow-up reports within the lottery-funded system are ineligible.
All funds are to be used for the benefit of cultural development in Saskatchewan and for residents of Saskatchewan.
Applicants may submit one application per grant deadline. Multiple applications will not be considered.
Projects must meet at least one objective listed under the purpose of the MIF program to be considered for funding. Projects must address a community-identified need and demonstrate community involvement.
Eligible projects must start at least six (6) weeks after the application deadline, and end within twelve (12) months of this start date.
Applications are January 31 each year. If mailed to SaskCulture, applications must be postmarked by the application deadline date. Applications will not be accepted by email or fax. Late applications will not be considered for funding.
Organizations are encouraged to consult with SaskCulture prior to submitting an application.
Multicultural Initiatives Fund - Project Recipients, Spring 2012 & Fall 2012